Thursday, March 16, 2017

Did you try the new Distress Oxide inks ?

Hello...

I had a LOT of free time laying down in my bed after back surgery, and while looking at thousand of pages on the internet, my fingers must have hit an "order now" button by mistake and someone delivers the 12 new Tim Holtz distress oxide inks by Ranger to my home today ! What can I do ? These babies were in need of a new home and I will not be the one to send them back to a cold box somewhere in a dark warehouse !

So I took them out the package and gave them a place to stay in my scraproom... Better, I tried them ! And I made a card with a video tutorial for you (find the link at the end of this post) !

distress oxide ink tutorial to create a card with stamps


Take a closer look at the oxide effect :

effect using distress oxide ink by Tim Holtz and Ranger

One thing surprised me : the texture of these inks... they looks like chalks ! But they really react differently with water...

effect using distress oxide ink by Tim Holtz and Ranger

Besides the oxide, I used stamps by Inkadinkado, Heidi Swapp and Prima Marketing, black Stazon ink, and DCWV cardstock with Square Glue Dots to adhere the different panels.




Take a look at my video tutorial to learn how I created this card :



Thank you for stopping by today. I'm getting slowly back to crafting so please be patient and come back soon for my next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment