Friday, October 9, 2015

Mixed media canvas

Before hiding under my comforter for the week end, I wanted to share a mixed media canvas I made a while ago that I couldn't share until now because it was published in the July issue of Scrap n' Art magazine... Here it is now :


I called it 3L (Live, Laugh, Love) and used the above materials :

- small canvas panel (5x7)
- Indigo Blue stamps
- Black Tuxedo Memento ink
- Prima Marketing stamp
- broken jewelry
- metal embellishments
- glimmer mists by Tattered Angels (Party Pink, Sun Sisters)
- distress ink by Tim Holtz (Vintage Photo, Spice Marmelade, Picked Rasperry)
- gesso
- gold microbeads
- Glossy Accents by Ranger
- old book page

Now a closer look... The yellow embellishment is a broken part of jewelry spray with mist :


These metal parts were overed with gesso and misted. I apply microbeads on them :


I added texture onto gesso with an acrylic stamp :


I hope you will have a great crafty week end. I will enjoy Fall cooking for myself, with pumpkin, "citre" (a very hard squash you can make jam with) and a crate of apples...

See ya !

3 comments:

  1. what a creative idea! awesomeness! love the trim as her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. It's gorgeous! LOVE the shimmer and texture! Congrats on being published!

    ReplyDelete