Thursday, July 9, 2015

C'est Magnifique Kit July challenge layout

No kids today, so time to play for me... I used the July sketch from the C'est Magnifique Kit blog to create this layout :


The picture was taken inside the Grand Baazar in Istanbul, it's the front of a spice shop.

I started by building the background : I mixed gloss gel medium with Tattered Leather glimmer mist, and sprayed it over a Prima Marketing stencil. I sprayed  Olive Vine and Tattered Leather glimmer mists randomly over the paper, as well as white Dylusions spray. Then I applied Vintage Photo distress ink (Ranger) on the edges and distressed them with scissors.

You can see a lot of different papers in the center, I sprayed them with the previous mists, added sometimes stamps, and distressed the edges also.
The metal embellishments were covered with gesso, then sprayed with Sun Sisters, Tattered Leather, Olive Vine and Baby Santa mists.



And another page for my never ending Istanbul album...

Cheers !

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, Valerie! I love the background you made and your embellishing - and all these spices on your photo are looking yummy.
    Thanks for joining in our C´est Magnifique July Sketch Challenge!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I LOVE the photo and your mix of colorful flowers and embellishments. Thanks for joining the C'est Magnifique July Sketch Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete