Friday, December 19, 2014

Last minute teachers and staff gifts : Chocolate truffle !

Yesterday was crazy ! A gazillion of things to do and it was the last day to prepare gifts for teachers ! So I went with the easiest : food... I cooked dark chocolate truffles on the morning, prepared them on the afternoon, and made boxes to put them in !
I did not make it fancy, but easy, quick and cute ! Take a look at the result, and I will give you (yes, for free, imagine that) my french and delicious recipe...


I made the boxes with the Winter and Christmas boxes stack by DCWV. They are cute, super easy and can be made in a snap ! You can find here a video tutorial to make some. I just add a Maya Road twine to close them and a white poinsettia (I Am Roses) for the festive part.

I just put the truffles into clear wrap before hiding them in the boxes. And now the recipe...
You will need :

- 200g of dark chocolate (7oz)
- 2 big spoon of sour cream (or half a cup of heavy whipping cream)
- 2 egg's yolks
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 40g of powder sugar (1.4oz)
- 2 spoons of water
- optional : whiskey or orange extract or whatever you want
- dark chocolate cocoa powder

Melt the chocolate with water on low temperature until you get a smooth mixture. Beat the yolks with the rest of the ingredients, and add it to the chocolate. Cook on very low temperature for 5 additional minutes. Pour it in a bowl and place it in the fridge for at least one hour.
Using a spoon, take a small amount of the mixture and roll it with your hands into a ball. Roll this ball into the cocoa powder. Place the balls into a plate, and keep them in the fridge for few more hours.
DO NOT EAT ALL THEM IN ONCE !

Have fun while you can during this last day of school...
See you tomorrow !


1 comment: