Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Light anyone ?

We have a gray and windy day in Aberdeen. I'm a little down today because we still are in the temporary apartment and I'm missing my scrap stuff so much... I can't wait to have a place to craft again !
Since I'm not in the mood to use the same papers for the 20th time, I will show you instead a project I made long ago. It's full of textures and bright colors, perfect for lighten me up.


I used a lot of ribbons on this one, I even create some more by crocheting (a white one plus crochet around the big blue ribbon under the flower). The brands are numerous : Tim Holtz, Prima Marketing, Costco (yeah, again !), Celebrate it, Hobby Lobby, Scrapabilities... I found that the better way to glue ribbons without staining them is to use Fabric-Tac.

The Flower is from and old collection (Michaels). It has wait a long time before being used, but I knew I will used it, one day.
I bought the lamp at Walmart and sprayed it in white.

You can have a better look at this project in the last Simply Handmade : Decor (Sept 13).

I wish you sunshine today (wish some for me too please)...

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful and cheerful lamp. I hope you are able to get your hands back on your crafty supplies soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little treasure..it definitely is a fun project and so lovely with all that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. j espere que tu trouveras rapidement un ptit coin a toi et pour ta famille .. voila une bien belle idee pour ensoleiller ta journee !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! So bright and cheerful! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet!!! love the colors, super cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete